I’ve been making my own face cleanser for quite some time; the fun part now is switching up the scents and what I want my face wash to do. Lately, I’ve been into roses and how good it is for my skin, which is why I’m bringing you this DIY Rose and Almond Face Cleanser today.
Like many women, I just love the smell so that’s a great reason to make a rose face wash right there. Added to that, rose essential oil can help lift our mood – and wrinkles! And because it’s a bactericide it makes for a great astringent and clear skin.
Note: Rose essential oil can be pricey. Roses don’t produce a lot of oil it takes thousand of pounds of petals to make one ounce of this precious oil. I just like to think it makes it that more special.
DIY Rose & Almond Face Cleanser
What You’ll Need:
- ¼ cup Doctor Bronner’s Rose Liquid Castile soap
- 2 tsps glycerine
- ½ cup distilled or purified water
- 2 tsps almond oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil (or another oil of choice)
- 2 tsp pure aloe vera
- Foaming pump bottle
Extra Tip: Just by changing the castile soap and essential oil, you can come up with an infinite number of different face washes!
- Combine all the ingredients but soap in blender, magic bullet or even just a measuring cup and fork. (Trust me, don’t put the soap in, unless you want bubbles bubbles everywhere.)
- If you’re going to use essential oils make sure you use enough that you can smell it over Dr. Bronner’s soap because it’s so strong. Because we’re using rose everything this time it doesn’t much matter, but it will with other soap scents. Essential oils also increase your soap’s shelf life too, though.
- Add mixture to foam bottle and then add the castile soap to it. Gently stir or shake.
I love this soap! It cuts through my makeup, and leaves my face feeling clean and moisturized. I can guarantee you will love it too.
And after you’re done washing your face, don’t forget to use a good toner. Here’s everything you need to know about toners. And follow up with a natural moisturizer like this DIY Face lotion for sensitive skin OR Washed Ghee for Beautiful Skin.