Valentine’s Day is so easy for women, expensive, but easy: flowers, chocolate and dinner. What do we get the men though? Well, with a little creativity it turns out we can make something pretty awesome for them too: enter the Man Bouquet. It’s like a bouquet of roses for women, but manlier. Instead of flowers, think beef jerky. Instead of a necklace, think boxers with hearts on them rolled up to look like a rose. And instead of chocolate….nope, everyone loves chocolate.
I made the below for my husband years ago while we were dating.
WHAT YOU NEED for Man Bouquet:
- A flower pot
- Green construction paper
- Skewers or wooden sticks
- Green spray paint
- Scotch tape
- Pebbles or rocks
- Styrofoam block that will fit into your pot (square or half circle will work great too)
- Moss(I bought a bag of Spanish moss from Joann Fabrics for a few bucks)
- Manly items you can tape or glue to the end of a skewer(Beef jerky, red boxers, cliff bars, chocolate roses and socks just to name a few)
This is where the fun begins.
- Spray paint skewers green for stems.
- Cut out dozens of green leaves and tape to skewers once they’re dry. (I taped 3-5 to each skewer)
- Tape gifts to top of skewers and do your best to make them look like flowers. Ex: I rolled the boxers up in a rose-like pattern.
Surprisingly, scotch tape held all items securely in place.
- Once you have all your “rose stems” set, place Styrofoam into pot.
- Start placing your flowers! For this you’ll just have to go with looks best. I’d suggest bigger items and taller items in the back.
- You may notice your pot starting to wobble at this point, try to space out the “roses” evenly by weight to balance it.
- Add pebbles on top of Styrofoam to finish balancing pot and secure everything in place.
- Cover with moss
- Present your present!
COST: A little over $50 but you can do it cheaper, or more expensively depending on what items you already have and gifts you buy.
Extra tip: You can use the man bouquet for so much more than men. Birthdays and baby showers are two other great options.
If you enjoyed this you’ll also probably enjoy this bacon bouquet!