Everyone loves bacon, right? So potentially you could make this bacon bouquet for anyone in your life, but I have a feeling it is the MEN who will really appreciate it. Valentine’s Day, Birthday, Father’s Day…surprise that special someone with something pretty and delicious. And if you read my post about the Man Bouquet, you’ll know my rule of thumb when it comes to making or buying a gift for a man in your life: think of what you like, then make it manly.
*This post contains affiliate links*
How to Make a Bacon Bouquet
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make the Bacon Bouquet:
- 2 Packs of Bacon (I only ended up using one but you’ll need another packet if you want to create a fuller bouquet. Plus, no one’s ever complained about having too much bacon.
- Tin-foil square pans or tin-foil muffin pans
That’s it. Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll-up bacon slice to look like a rosebud with the fattier side acting as the bottom of the rosebud.
- Stick toothpick crisscrossing each other at the bottom of the roll.
- Stab holes with a knife in the bottom of your tin-foil pan so the bacon grease can cook out. (Other sites have you doing crazier things like drilling holes in muffin pans! No thanks, throw-away tin foil pans work just as well)
- Place rose buds an inch apart in the pans with the fattier side facing down
- Cook for 30-40 minutes (or until well-cooked)
- While the bacon is cooking it’s time to prepare the roses. As I said before, you will need to buy fake roses that pop off so you can place the bacon on it. Take off all the petals and just leave the plastic green flower bottom (for lack of a better term) that holds the bud on. (Note, this takes a while. Just put on a good TV show while you do it.)
- Take out your now beautifully-cooked bacon roses and set them on a paper towel to dry.
- Now here’s the fun part! Place your beautiful bacon buds (yay for alliteration) on each rosebud and admire your creation.
- Now go give the bacon bouquet to someone you love!