My friend Becky came over a few weeks ago and we decided to make a healthy lunch together. She’s an adventurous cook/baker who comes up with healthy but tasty recipes over at Quirky and Plated on Instagram. She suggested stuffed peppers. I asked for a recipe. She responded, “No, just get whatever you like to put in them!” I panicked, I am not creative when it comes to recipes. So I randomly ordered large bell peppers, turkey and a few canned vegetables. Some chopping, sauteeing, and baking later we had a large baking dish full of beautiful super easy turkey stuffed peppers.
How to Make Easy Turkey Stuffed Peppers
*This post may contain affiliate links.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 LB Ground Turkey
- Black Beans
- Liquid Amino Acids (I like Trader Joe’s)
- Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE EASY TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS:
1. Cook the ground turkey first. I also add a healthy sprinkle of salt and pepper.
2. Sauté the rest of the ingredients in the same pain with amino acids for taste. (You can use any of your favorite ingredients, not just what we used. You can also make it vegetarian but taking out the turkey and adding rice instead.
3. Cut and clean the peppers, cutting in half.
4. Stuff the peppers, place in some pretty cookware, and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
5. Top with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, or all three.